Come work with a great team who's passionate about what they do!!!!!
Frisbie Memorial Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for RN Emergency Svcs position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
Frisbie Memorial Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Frisbie Memorial Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Department and coordinates patient care planning with other disciplines. The Emergency Department RN will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on the physical ability, intellectual development, psychosocial, educational and safety needs of the neo-natal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- The following are essential job functions that must be able to be carried out by the Emergency Department Registered Nurse with or without reasonable accommodations. The Emergency Department RN follows the Nursing Process of assessment and priority setting, planning, implementation and evaluation of all ED patients.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Has the ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment and reassessments on all patients as per FMH Standards for assessment & reassessment.
- Has the ability to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately.
- Accurately assigns triage categories.
- Maintains accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and families. Functions as a liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Interacts professionally with patient and family and involves patient and family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; includes family in teaching as appropriate.
- Maintains current knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical condition.
- Prepares, hangs, monitors and discontinues intravenous fluids
- Adheres to established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement initiatives and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with Hospital standards
- Assists in cost containment through the appropriate ordering and conservation of supplies and equipment.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives; maintains good employee relations and interdepartmental objectives.
- Responds promptly to changes in workload, adjusting assignments as necessary to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Provides resource information to other staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians with procedures in the Emergency department.
- Can perform the fundamentals of dispatching ambulances when necessary.
- Can receive prehospital reports utilizing the radio and/or telephone communication.
- Supervises unit coordinators, ED technicians and delegates and monitors where appropriate.
- Orients new employees to the Emergency Department.
- Assists the Director of Emergency Services in the development, implementation and evaluation of performance improvement indicators to improve patient outcomes and the work environment.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for own professional practice and ongoing education.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested within the scope of the NH Nurse Practice Act.
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with 1 year Registered Nurse experience in a critical care specialty preferred.
- Current New Hampshire State Registered Nurse License or Compact State License Current Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within 6 months of hire. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification within 1 year of hire. Emergency Nurse Pediatric Core Course (ENPC) Certification recommended. Trauma Nurse Course (TNCC) recommended.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) recommended.
- Membership in the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) encouraged
- Working knowledge of underlying principles and standards of the CDC and CMS Completion of Hospital Orientation
- Completion of Departmental Orientation within 6 months of hire Annual Health Screen
- Completion of all annual mandatory Health Stream courses Completion of annual high risk crises intervention training
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Frisbie Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1919. We give patient's access to trained physicians, advanced technology and innovative approaches. Our 110+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities in Southern New Hampshire. Frisbie Memorial Hospital earned high performing ratings for COPD in recognition of exceptional care by the U.S. News & World Report. Frisbie Memorial has been recognized as a Center of Distinction for its Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine for the eight consecutive years. We have been named a Screening Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
At Frisbie Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Emergency Svcs opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.