Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Director Cardiac and Vascular Service Line? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Healthcare offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Director Cardiac and Vascular Service Line like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Strategic Service Lines utilize comprehensive strategic, analytic, collaborative and leadership skills, coupled with deep subject matter expertise, to facilitate business, operational and clinical organizational goals. The Cardiac & Vascular (C&V) Strategic Service Lines are responsible for growth and performance (clinical and operational) of the entire continuum, including cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiovascular surgery and vascular.
In this role you will utilize your experience and leadership skills to direct diverse teams of Stakeholders, often through influence rather than direct-line reporting structures, to achieve service line objectives. You will be responsible for leading strategy and execution to yield growth and performance often in partnership with senior executives, many of whom are Vice Presidents, CEOs, and Division Presidents.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Line Structure & Governance
- Advise on Division service line structure (i.e., Governance) including recruitment/ development of Division service line leadership
- Support Divisions with C&V leadership vacancies
- Lead Stakeholder Council and other related service line Corporate, Division and Facility communication forums
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive service line objectives such as, but not limited to: Clinical Operations Group, HCA Research Institute, HealthTrust, Payer Contracting & Alignment, Physician and Provider Relations, Physician Services Group.
- Strategy & Execution
- Create field strategic planning guidance, forecasts, development and assessment tools
- Accelerate and scale growth opportunities
- Develop, lead and enhance performance review processes
- Plan and lead service line growth summit(s)
- Develop and enhance analytical tools/reporting
- Program Growth & Optimization
- Develop new and existing program growth strategies/tactics
- Develop and enhance growth playbooks
- Identify and execute on supply chain optimization opportunities; manage industry partner collaborative relationships
- Enhance existing and build new navigation programs to meet strategic objectives in collaboration with HCA Care Management teams (i.e., Care Assure, etc.)
- Physician Development
- Prioritize physician recruitment needs and execute in collaboration with Corporate and Division leaders
- Identify and partner with National Physician Directors on key activities to drive program development/growth
- Engage service line physician leaders through operations councils and working groups
- Identify and partner with academic and scientific societies to advance HCA service line objectives
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ Degree is required, MBA/MHA or other advanced degree strongly recommended.
- Healthcare or consulting leadership (5 years required, 7+ years recommended)
- Possesses hospital and/or multi-hospital-system level service line and strategic planning (preferably cardiovascular) experience and good grasp of administrative and clinical work flow in care settings including inpatient, emergency department and outpatient.
- Experience with development of service line, team structure
- Understands major trends in healthcare, managed care and reimbursement, and is familiar with industry trends, vendors and tools
- Ability to act as a key change agent for C&V initiatives, analyzing organizational change implications and recommending methods for managing changes.
- HCA experience preferred or similar-level experience outside of HCA
- Ability to travel (anticipate up to 25% travel)
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Director Cardiac and Vascular Service Line opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.