Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Consulting Clinical Data Analyst you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Healthcare which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Consulting Clinical Data Analyst where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Consulting Clinical Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing clinical and related business data in support of operational business initiatives. This position will be the application product analyst for the clinical data warehouse. This includes working with business partners to create metrics that enable measurement of progress toward initiative goals and ensuring that the proper data is being collected for those metrics
The successful candidate will spend considerable time analyzing clinical and related business data to identify potential areas of improvement and developing implementation strategies for improving data quality and data standardization. This position requires extensive exposure to a healthcare environment in a data-intensive setting. Success in this position also includes building strong working relationships with business partners, project team and other ITG teams. Additionally, the successful candidate will possess a balance of technical and people skills.
The ideal candidate will have practical experience in one or more of the following domains: Cerner, Epic, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, HL7 v2.x, FHIR Services. Due to the number and nature of interactions this position will have with other teams, very strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory. Knowledge of government and industry standards related to healthcare information is also highly desirable.
- Performs extensive clinical data analysis, creates documentation of data issues and develops implementation strategies for improving data quality and data standardization.
- Coordinates information requirements from business partners, project teams and other ITG teams to provide assessment of usefulness, reliability and cleanliness of data from various clinical systems.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the clinical data catalog.
- Works with business analysts and business partners to define clinical reporting requirements.
- Ensures clinical data is presented in proper context within business requirements.
- Works with clinical source system teams to understand clinical data intent and derive data lineage across business functions. Understand the data history requirements from clinical source systems and reporting requirements to develop strategy on maintaining and managing historical clinical data in the clinical data warehouse.
- Understand the data history requirements from clinical source systems and reporting requirements to develop strategy on maintaining and managing historical clinical data in the clinical data warehouse.
- Participate in logical data modeling discussions and design reviews of physical data models.
- Participate in review of defects and data quality issues that are uncovered during the lifecycle of clinical reporting applications.
- Document clinical data requirements and work with development team to translate these requirements into system requirement specifications.
- Perform clinical Data Profiling (experience with automated profiling tools is a plus).
- Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, assess technical risks, and recommend practical solutions.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree: Preferred
- 7+ years of experience in relevant clinical data and processes analysis: Required
- 5+ years of experience in working with MEDITECH Expanse, Cerner, or Epic health information systems: Required
- 3+ years of experience in mapping health information system data into a business intelligence solution: Preferred
- 7+ years of experience in healthcare: Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in information technology: Preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
Registered Nurse - Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation: Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
- Analytics: Strong analytical skills to identify and resolve problems. Required
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal skills with an ability to interpret and communicate analytical information to both business partners and ITG teams in a clear and concise manner. Required
- Adaptability: Adeptness to learn new assignments, technologies and applications quickly and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Required
- Service and Quality Excellence: Ability to demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients. Required
- Honor our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect. Required
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of our patients, employees, providers, community and HCA. Required
- Attain and Leverage Strategic Relationships: Ability to develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of HCA. Required
- Lead and Develop Others: Ability to lead others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives; provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams and drive employee engagement. Required
- Communicate with Impact: Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results. Required
- Achieve Success through Change: Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance, and enable desired behaviors. Required
- Drive Execution and Financial Results: Ability to commit to the success and financial wellbeing of HCA by challenging others to excel and hold themselves and others accountable for achieving results. Required
No Travel: The job does not require any travel.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Consulting Clinical Data Analyst opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.