This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Memorial Satilla Health we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN PACU and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Memorial Satilla Health offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN PACU opening and continue to learn!
As a Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) RN, you will provide post-anesthesia nursing care to the patient in the immediate post-anesthesia period and transitioning the patient to Phase II recovery. You will be responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the PACU department.
What you will do in this role:
· You will provide prompt assessment of patient upon return from OR and/or diagnostic procedure and document findings.
· You will provide safe nursing care and safe environment for patients and families.
· You will transcribe and implement physician orders and document all patient related information.
· You will administer medication and IV fluids accurately and safely within nursing guidelines.
· You will update/revise plan of care as needed, based on continued assessment of patient. This includes providing care for patient discharge to nursing unit, including transport.
· You will effectively respond and perform in emergency and use critical thinking skills to perceive potential problem situations and intervene to offset adverse effects.
What qualifications you will need:
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Nursing is strongly preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Satilla Health is a 230+ bed acute-care hospital serving the Middle-Georgia community for more than 60 years. Our hospital offers key services, including an ER where more than 45,000 emergencies are treated each year, Heart, Orthopedic, Surgery, Rehabilitation, Sleep and Birthing Centers and an extensive Mental Health program for seniors and those suffering with memory loss.
At Memorial Satilla Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Waycross community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. Waycross and its neighboring town of Blackshear, collectively offer excellent public schools, an active art and theater group, several golf courses, and an excellent array of hiking, fishing, camping and boating fun.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN PACU opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) dated November 4, 2021, and company policy, this role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations, or to have applied for a medical or religious exemption (including booster for California).
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.