Salary Estimate: $83200.00 - $124800.00 / year
Learn more about the benefits offered
for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator (RN)
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $15,000 for eligible candidates!
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) BMT Coordinator you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Colorado Blood Cancer Institute at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) BMT Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Post Immune Effector Transplant Coordinator:
- Creates and maintains a process for managing and tracking post immune effector therapy patients, including CAR T-Cell therapy and bispecific therapies, beginning at the start of the lymphodepleting chemotherapy.
- Provides a single point of contact for referring physicians when transferring patient back to primary oncologist.
- Provides a single point of contact for patients during the acute phase, infusion to day 30. This timeframe may be extended if patient experiencing acute complications post 30 days in the outpatient setting.
- Partners with physicians and mid-level providers to track and manage patients; providing pertinent clinical details, communication, and status updates. This includes meeting with the patients regularly during clinic visits for focused nursing assessment and communicating finding with the provider team.
- Collaborates with the nursing team in the management of remote patient monitoring.
- Facilitates getting patients into clinic for evaluation and treatment when abnormal clinical findings are identified. This includes, but is not limited to neutropenic fever, identified toxicities, such as cytokine release syndrome and neurotoxicity.
- Assists in bridging information gap that may occur between the hospital, the ED, and the outpatient setting. Effective communication and documentation in the electronic medical record is critical in closing any identified gaps.
- Collaborates with the nursing team related to complications or side effects and recommended actions.
- Partners with the scheduling and nursing teams to schedule and coordinate supportive therapies and appointments.
- Coordinates care using the multi-disciplinary team resources.
- Communicates with inpatient and outpatient care teams to ensure continuity of care for patients.
- Facilitates the exit educational sessions.
- Arranges key milestone follow up visits, including, but not limited to, D+100, D+180, and D+365. Ensures response assessment are available for provider review during each milestone visit.
- Sends laboratory analysis at specific timeframes to evaluate the need for ongoing antibiotic prophylaxis.
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our iCARE behavioral standards to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, providers, patients & family members, and with others in the community.
- Integrity – We are honest and do what we say
- Compassion – We are sympathetic to the needs of others
- Accountability – We take ownership for how our actions and behaviors impact outcomes
- Respect – We value others and embrace diversity
- Excellence – We take personal pride in exceeding expectations
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate Registered Nurse license.
- Current BLS certification
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Bone Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMTCN), or Certified Hematopoietic Transplant Coordinator, or Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) must be obtained within 18 months of employment start date.
- Special Qualifications: Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate care within the Standards of Nursing at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center. Demonstrates good critical thinking skills. Displays leadership and problem-solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of nursing theory and practice. Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
No Travel Travel Required
2 years experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center offers over 80 specialties in our 680 plus bed hospital that serves the Uptown neighborhood of Denver, Colorado. PSL is an affiliate of HealthONE hospitals, the largest healthcare system in metro Denver. Our Women’s Services department is proud to be in the top 5% in the nation for our Labor and Delivery and OB/GYN specialties. Along with our affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, PSL provides the largest neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in the Denver region.
We provide labor and delivery services, award-winning emergency care, vital health screenings such as mammograms, cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedic care, robotic surgery, advanced wound care and hyperbaric treatments, and of course, hospital care. We are proud to serve our community with over 1,000 specialists and experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our BMT Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.