Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Speech Language Pathologist Ld today with Las Palmas Medical Center.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Speech Language Pathologist Ld. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: neuro, orthopedic, spine care, pulmonary including but not limited to: CVA/TIA, joint replacement/fracture repair, etc.
- Assessment: Performs functional assessments and re-assessments of patients demonstrating compromises in areas of swallowing, language, speech or cognition. Extracts pertinent information from patient’s chart, nursing, patient, family and other sources concerning swallowing or communication impairments. Gathers appropriate subjective and objective data in order to describe patient swallowing and communication assets and liabilities.
- Plan of Care: Formulates appropriate assessment/re-assessment for treatment plan of care and goals, which are individualized to the specific patient.
- Treatment of Patients: Selects and applies appropriate treatments in order to increase the swallowing and communication functional status of patients.
- Re-assessment: Re-assesses patient per department policy; takes appropriate action based on re-assessment.
- Documentation: Completes documentation on the same day that assessment/re-assessment or treatment was rendered.
- Interdisciplinary Interactions: Communicates and collaborates with interdisciplinary team regarding: patient status, discharge plans, equipment needs, recommendations, and other patient issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services as Speech Pathologist
Masters in Speech Language Pathology
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Certificate of Clinical Competency
- 1-2 years experience in any therapy setting
- New graduates accepted
- Knowledge of Speech Therapy principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and medical terminology.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience with Modified Barium Swallow Studies preferred.
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region’s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women’s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Speech Language Pathologist Ld opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.