Certified Respiratory Therapist
Medical City Healthcare - Division Float Pool - EPOD
East POD: Dallas/Heart & Spine, Denton, Frisco, Las Colinas, Lewisville, McKinney, Plano
Status: Full-time Days (7A - 7P)
6 (12 hour) shifts per pay period
2 major holidays and 2 Difficult to Staff days
4 weekend shifts/4 week schedule
**Base Rate $32/hr**
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Certified Respiratory Therapist Float Pool today with Medical City Healthcare.
Medical City Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Certified Respiratory Therapist Float Pool. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Serves as a clinical resource. Provides or assists in direct care when appropriate to complex patients. Consults with physicians and other healthcare providers to communicate patient progress.
Performs and documents patient assessment, including breath sounds, airway patency, and cuff pressure. Conducts diagnostic procedures to evaluate the need for, and response to, respiratory therapy.
Administers respiratory care therapies, POC testing, blood gas analysis and QC on blood gas equipment.
Monitors patient for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes as appropriate in the event of an unintended response.
Documents the administration of care in the patient medical record.
Assists with transportation of ventilator-dependent patients.
Responds to emergent patient situations and ensures airway integrity and adequate ventilation during resuscitation as required.
Instructs patient and family members in proper methods of respiratory therapy.
Cleans and maintains respiratory equipment, and helps maintain department stock.
Attends staff meetings, in-services, facility town hall meetings.
Timely completion of all assigned educational assignments.
Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
Performs all technical skills with efficiency, accuracy and safety while anticipating, troubleshooting, intervening, and managing crisis/emergency situations according to policy and procedure.
Performs other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- ACLS must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- BLS must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- NRP must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- PALS must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT)
- State Registered Respiratory Therapist
- 2+ years of recent clinical experience in an acute care hospital required
- Must have experience with NICU through Geriatric patients
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive health care providers. Medical City Healthcare includes 14+ hospitals, 7+ off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50+ ambulatory sites. We have more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Certified Respiratory Therapist Float Pool opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.