Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Physical Therapist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Del Sol Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Physical Therapist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Evaluates and treats patients with movement dysfunction and pain resulting from injury, disease or other health related conditions. Treats disorders with physical agents and methods to assist in restoring normal function after illness or injury.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Cardiac/cardiovascular, neuro, orthopedic, spine care, pulmonary including but not limited to CVA/TIA, joint replacement/fracture repair, etc
- Performs Assessments and Re-assessments: Assessment of patient is completed according to unit policy and professional standards of care. Collects appropriate and accurate subjective and objective data. Performs an accurate evaluation individualized to the specific patient. Re-assesses patient per dept policy; takes appropriate action based on patient case scenario---according to current standards of clinical practice. Formulates appropriate assessment/reassessment. Potential discharge needs are identified and documented.
- Treats Patients: Selects and applies appropriate physical therapy techniques, procedures, exercises and therapeutic modalities based on current standards of clinical practice. Selects and utilizes rehab equipment in a safe and effective manner. Modifies the treatment program when indicated, in order to maximize patient progress.
- Documentation: Completes documentation on the same day that treatment was rendered. Documents on all appropriate forms. Documentation is accurate and meets generally accepted professional standards.
- Supervision: Appropriately directs the activities of PTA’s, PT technicians, students and volunteers. Ensures that treatment plans and documentation are carried out correctly by PTA’s, PT technicians (cannot document), and students. Initiates corrective action (in conjunction with director) when individuals supervised fall below standards.
- Interdisciplinary Interactions: Communicates and collaborates with interdisciplinary team regarding: patient status, discharge plans, equipment needs, recommendations, patients who may benefit from Rehab Services but who don’t have orders.
- Quality: Participates in continuous quality improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to: data gathering, chart reviews, recommendations, and implementation of quality assurance action plans.
- Department Compliance: complies with department Policy and Procedure, Safety/Infection Control Plans/OSHA guidelines Employee handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JACHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physical Therapy examiners
MA in Physical Therapy/DPT Preferred
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
DPT preferred, functional knowledge of Spanish Language recommended
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Physical Therapist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status