DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $76.33 - $104.90 / hour
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Good Samaritan Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for MedSurg Medical RN II position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
Good Samaritan Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Good Samaritan Hospital!
We are seeking an experienced Med-Surg Registered Nurse. In this role you will be responsible for planning, executing and evaluating the nursing care given to Med/Surg patients. You will have patient contact during the immediate pre, intra and immediate post-operative periods, monitors the activities of all nursing staff during the procedure to which you are assigned, demonstrate clinical skills, and serve as team leader on-call emergency situations.
· You will develops and implements individual patient care plans in accordance with standards of nursing practice through implementation of the nursing process and nursing diagnosis.
· You will administer medications as ordered for specific group of patients and demonstrates knowledge of their modes of action, side effects and contraindications.
· You will Initiate, regulate and otherwise manages IV therapy for a specific group of assigned patients.
· You will assume responsibility for patient placement on the unit and assignment of care responsibilities that consider complexity of nursing care required by each patient.
· You will demonstrate competence in the clinical knowledge, skills required and technology of the department employed in the care of patients on the unit.
· You will evaluate patient environment for safety and communicates identified concerns to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
· You will provide patient education and keeps patient informed of treatment plan.
· You will Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patient/families in accordance with hospital standards.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Good Samaritan Hospital has been serving Silicon Valley since 1965, giving patient's access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 470+ bed facility is a recognized leader in advanced cardiology services and provides a full array of diagnostic and interventional coronary peripheral services. Other specialized programs include echocardiography, Vascular Sonograph and EKG services. Good Samaritan is a Joint Commission Accredited comprehensive stroke center. We are also one of 3 hospitals in the US to receive a 5th consecutive Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer. Among these accomplishments, our facility is a Bay Area Parent Magazine Hall of Fame recipient for “Best Place to Have a Baby”, complete with a CCS certified Level III neonatal ICU with pediatric surgery specialization.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our MedSurg Medical RN II opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.