This job posting is no longer active.
The Clinical Research Coordinator II is responsible for coordinating multiple research protocols; serving as a liaison with local investigators and research personnel; and acting as a central resource for assigned research projects. The individual in this role offers a significant contribution to the development of processes, tools, and training necessary to maintain site compliance and patient safety.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Perform routine operational activities for multiple research protocols
- Liaise between site research personnel, industry sponsors, and Supervisor
- Collaborate closely with various site departments/teams, including finance, relevant hospital administrative representatives, and the local IRB, if applicable
- Coordinate schedule of assessments from initial submission of feasibility until study closeout
- Coordinate submission and approval for the Site’s Facility Review Committee, if applicable
- Provide awareness of research protocols to appropriate site-level personnel, including physicians, nurses, clinical staff, and administrators
- Document all specific tasks required by the protocol (i.e. medication forms, quality of life questionnaires, neuro exams, vital signs sheets, times of lab draws, etc.)
- Accurately perform/calculate and documents the BSA, mRS, NIHSS, STS risk score, or any other approved CRC task, as needed per protocol
- Document all patient, staff, and sponsor correspondence, including follow-up encounters, adverse events, interventions, pharmacy dispensations, and patient phone calls
- Ensure follow-up appointments, imaging, or any related procedures are scheduled correctly according to protocol requirements
- Accurately complete all data requests (including queries) and submit with source documentation within the timeframe specified in the SOP
- Re-consent patients in a timely manner and document process appropriately
- Support study team in mitigating risks and optimizing site compliance
- Work with site personnel and local investigators to assess site feasibility and performance
- Regularly meet with physicians and administrators, when applicable, to assess study performance and investigator satisfaction
- Collaborate with other departments (non-invasive, finance, laboratory, etc.) to develop and implement processes in support of the research activities
- Assist with providing a research update during Site Administrative meetings (Section meetings, Site Service Line meetings, etc.)
- Able to guide research team members on the management of non-compliant data and/or study activities
- Monitor patient enrollment at the site through weekly reports, and reports results to Supervisor
- Facilitate continuing education and training to investigators, as applicable
What qualifications you will need:
- Knowledge of federal regulations, good clinical practices (GCP)
- Knowledge of medical and research terminology
- Computer skills including use of clinical trial database, electronic data capture, and MS Word or Excel
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse team of professionals
- Organizational and prioritizing capabilities
- The ability to work independently in a fast pace environment with minimal supervision at off-site facilities
- At least three years of experience as a Clinical Research Coordinator
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Plano, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Clinical Research Coordinator II where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Research Coordinator II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.