Are you ready to manage in a new era as a Division VP Academic Affairs and Clinical Ops, where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job? Our MountainStar Healthcare team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.
MountainStar Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) Division VP Academic Affairs and Clinical Ops where your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As Division VP of Academic Affairs and Clinical Operations you will provide divisional nursing leadership and strategic support and partnership to promote coordinated efforts around recruitment and retention of nursing staff and strengthening of academic partnerships. In this role you will:
- Provide support for nursing excellence and evidence-based practices.
- Be responsible for the efficient and effective deployment of nursing and clinical initiatives and processes to support patient care across the Division.
- In partnership with Division PI, oversee nursing staffing ratios, productivity targets and benchmarking for the system.
- Provide education and training as directed by the Chief Nursing Executive.
- Design and develop a division framework and strategy to prioritize, delegate, and execute initiatives that improve division and facility alignments with local and regional nursing schools.
- Develop and operationalize a systematic approach to managing critical actions and decisions across various teams to improve nursing school relations, student rotations, and nursing student recruitment and retention.
- Be responsible for the implementation and sustainability of nursing excellence initiatives to improve nursing care delivery across the division in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives of the division.
- Build strategic alliances and partnerships, with a strong focus on continually enhancing stakeholder communication to collaboratively execute the nursing agenda.
- Actively participate in recruiting events, promotional campaigns, job fairs/conferences and other marketing and media events to promote and attract new graduate nursing staff.
- Optimize nursing work environment to enhance StaRN & HCA Residency programs for new graduates to elevate engagement and optimize RN retention.
- Master's degree required.
- Registered Nurse license required - currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state of Utah.
- 5+ years of experience in Healthcare/Management required.
- 3+ years of experience in relevant program management and project management experience focused on clinical operations and/or education preferred.
- Experience with new graduate nursing residency programs and/or nursing school faculty preferred.
- Knowledge of the implications of nursing sensitive indicators and metrics associated with nursing excellence.
- Working knowledge of nursing key metrics related to recruitment and retention.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in nursing and service excellence relevant to services provided by hospitals, medical staff, academic markets, and integrated healthcare systems.
- Knowledge of tools, systems, and evidence-based practices utilized to support nursing operations (e.g. staffing, scheduling, etc.).
- Skill in organizing thoughts or facts in written/verbal communications in such a way that they facilitate understanding.
- The ability to plan and manage projects, including assigned personnel, multiple competing projects, or resource demands to meet project deadlines on time and within budget.
- Expert knowledge of clinical systems that support operational efficiencies as it relates to clinical nursing initiatives.
HCA’s Mountain Division offers careers within 11 respected and integrated hospitals within Utah, Idaho and Alaska. While each site is unique in location, size, and community, all Mountain Division facilities share commonalities of compassion, patient-focused, quality care and collaborative teamwork. We know that together, we’re greater. We know that what makes us better makes our patients better. That’s why our facilities consistently receive national recognition for top quality and exceptional safety.
HCA’s Mountain Division hospitals are part of HCA Healthcare - a network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA facilities are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If this is the kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the Division VP Academic Affairs and Clinical Ops role. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.