Start your new year off right with this amazing full time opportunity!
Support our Cardiac Cath Lab and Interventional Radiology Departments in this full time position (4 - 10 hour shifts scheduled M-F Day Shift) plus call.
Do you have the career opportunities as a Nurse you desire in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a highly compassion Interventional Radiology Nurse aka Medical Imaging Nurse you will use your skills to provide excellent care to patients in need of diagnostic imaging services. You will demonstrate clinical competency, nursing judgment, teaching skills, and a commitment to providing quality patient care. You will be part of a team that pulls together to provide a quality patient care experience.We are seeking passionate individuals who are ready to take their career to the next level!
In the Interventional Radiology Nurse role:
- You will perform and demonstrate proficiency in providing quality patient care during the peri-procedure stay including assessment of safety, comfort, physiological and psychological needs.
- You will work closely with Radiologists, technologist staff, ancillary departments and physicians as care is planned and coordinated.
- You will demonstrate clinical and teaching skills and a commitment to improving the quality of patient care.
- You will utilize an interdisciplinary process to provide comprehensive education which includes assessing the ability to learn, special learning needs and continually evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and producing the desired patient outcomes.
- You will document assessment, care plan, interventions and education objectivity and timely use of the computer technology required by the department.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and uses the system to report potential safety issues.
In the Cath Lab Nurse role:
- You will be responsible for all testing and therapeutics that takes place in the cath lab. These procedures include but are not limited to: cardiac catheterizations, pacemaker procedures, tilt-table procedures, angioplasty, stent procedures, dialysis catheter procedures, nephrostomy and ureteral tube procedures, IVC filter procedures, IABP, pericardiocentesis procedures, and stress testing procedures.
- You will facilitate effective communication among departmental staff to ensure interdisciplinary and collaborative approach to patient care. Uses appropriate SBAR process for hand-off communication.
- You will assist the patient through all aspects of the procedure, including transport, site preparation, sterile procedure, patient monitoring, and hemostasis following removal of catheter or sheath, and return to room. Manages emergent cases.
- You will maintain accurate, timely and compliant patient records. Completes all paperwork associated with these procedures and prepares tests for physician interpretation.
- You will demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations.
- You will collaborate with fellow members of the team and orient and needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date - offered in new hire employment
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date - offered in new hire employment
- Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree, or Bachelors Degree
- Past critical care experience preferred
- Ability to work on call and report to work within 30 minutes.
Recruiter:Questions feel free to reach out to Tanya Covert, Recruiter[email protected]or via text/telephone 208.709.2261 (mobile)
Relocation Bonus Available for this position.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
The largest medical facility in the region,Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center(EIRMC) is a full-service hospital with 318 plus patient beds. We serve as the region’s healthcare provider and serve southeast Idaho, western Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park and parts of Montana. EIRMC is home to a Level II Trauma Center, a Level 1 ICU (one of two in Idaho), and the only emergency room in Idaho Falls. We have the region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for critically ill children. We offer inpatient and outpatient mental health care for adolescents and adults at its 74-bed Behavioral Health Center.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and EIRMC are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Pre Post Cardiac Cath Lab Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.