Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Medical Lab Scientist ASCP? At Timpanogos Regional Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Timpanogos Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Lab Scientist ASCP like you to be a part of our team.
As a Medical Laboratory Scientist at our facility you will be an integral part of our Laboratory team. We are a highly functioning team that supports many different departments and has a passion for providing the best patient care through compassionate, professional interactions and reliable testing. In this role:
· You will be responsible for receiving blood specimens, performing blood tests, and studying the morphology of the components of blood.
· You will perform various routine or special clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the Laboratory using automated equipment, manual testing, and microscopic analysis to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
· You will be responsible for maintaining and using various equipment in the Laboratory including automated, chemistry analyzers, ion-specific electrodes, osmometers, and other analyzers.
· You will perform antibody screening, antibody identification, and cross-matching procedures required in the administration of blood/blood components and identify antibodies in donors or patient’s blood that could react adversely during transfusion.
· You will notify nursing units and/or physicians of critical lab values.
· You will implement new testing methods, products, and instrumentation as appropriate to keep department current with technology.
· Graduate of an accredited Medical Technology program (Associate’s degree acceptable) and/or a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, or Biology with appropriate certification (may be hired prior to graduation upon completion of required course work for graduation).
· Nationally recognized certification as a Medical Technologist (MT/MLS or MLT) from the American Society for Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent.
o This licensure must be completed within 1 year of hire.
· One year of experience working in a hospital or other clinical laboratory setting is preferred; new graduates will be considered.
· American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Timpanogos Regional Hospital is a full-service 122 plus bed hospital. We have cared for residents of Utah County since 1998. As Utah County's only Top 100 hospital, we offer the latest advances in life-saving technology. We deliver services with the compassion and personalized care of a community hospital. Our colleagues of over 900 physicians, medical staff, and volunteers care for over 30,000 patients per year. Located in the city of Orem, Utah, Timpanogos Regional is surrounded by family-friendly attractions, thrilling outdoor adventures and cheerful community members.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Timpanogos Regional Hospital are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Medical Lab Scientist ASCP opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.