Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Staff Accountant opening with Good Samaritan Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Good Samaritan Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Applies principles of accounting and financial analysis in order to maintain the general accounting systems. In doing so, reconciles various general ledger accounts, prepares journal entries, assists in maintaining the fixed asset subsidiary system and performs other duties as required.
- Performs monthly reconciliations of the various general ledger accounts, as assigned. Prepares journal entries for the accounts assigned.
- Maintain the fixed asset subsidiary ledger on a monthly basis subsidiary ledger to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the Project Tracking System on a monthly basis. Reconcile the Project Tracking System to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Review the Fixed Asset Register and Project Tracking Reports to ensure the Company's capitalization policy is followed.
- Review the Project Tracking Report on a monthly basis for projects which have been completed (capitalized) or scrapped (expensed).
- Prepare the Cash Posting Summary Report on a daily basis. The Report should include a reconciliation between the amount deposited In the bank and the amount posted by Patient Financial Services.
- Ensures prepared expenses are recorded accurately in the appropriate accounts. Maintains the amortization spreadsheet and verifies the balances In the general ledger are supported by the amortization spreadsheet.
- Ensures payments of monthly professional fees are processed to contracted physicians based upon the terms of the physician agreement. Generates an invoice to Accounts Payable for services provided by the physician.
- Processes nurse registry and outside staffing expenses. Reconciles invoices received from the various agencies to the outside staffing worksheet documentation forwarded from the departments. Generates an invoice for Accounts Payable to process for payment.
- Assists in month-end and year-end closes.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and systems in order to maintain general ledgers and prepare journals, at a level normally acquired through completion of a two-year degree (Associate of Arts) in Accounting, Finance or a closely related field.
- Approximately two years accounting experience necessary in order to gain expertise needed to fully understand, analyze and maintain a variety of general ledger accounts.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with various hospital personnel, vendors, third-party auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Basic skills and knowledge with personal computer operations, preferably including direct experience with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheet programs. Knowledge of Lotus or Excel is a must.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Good Samaritan Hospital has been serving Silicon Valley since 1965, giving patient's access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 470+ bed facility is a recognized leader in advanced cardiology services and provides a full array of diagnostic and interventional coronary peripheral services. Other specialized programs include echocardiography, Vascular Sonograph and EKG services. Good Samaritan is a Joint Commission Accredited comprehensive stroke center. We are also one of 3 hospitals in the US to receive a 5th consecutive Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer. Among these accomplishments, our facility is a Bay Area Parent Magazine Hall of Fame recipient for “Best Place to Have a Baby”, complete with a CCS certified Level III neonatal ICU with pediatric surgery specialization.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Staff Accountant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.