This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Pharmacy Intern II PRN? At Alaska Regional Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Alaska Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Pharmacy Intern II PRN like you to be a part of our team.
As a Pharmacy Intern you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact as an integral part of our hospital pharmacy team. You will also be able to learn from members of this team, who consider themselves a family where each member works hard to support each other. We are looking for someone who will practice compassion in this role and find patient care as meaningful as we do. In this role:
· You will accurately perform all basic pharmacy technician and pharmacy intern functions under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
· You will participate in a unique HCA program that focuses on progression from technician-related work responsibilities to more advanced pharmacist-level functions.
· You will interact with patients, their significant others, and health care team members while maintaining professional standards in serving patients of all ages.
· You will provide prescribed medications, drugs, and other supplies as needed for appropriate patient care according to professional standards and practices.
· Must be accepted/enrolled in an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy
· State Pharmacy Intern license
· Active licensed pharmacy intern, as per State requirements, in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
· American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
· Hospital pharmacy experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcare’s Alaska Regional Hospital is known for our expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to delivering patient-centered care to every patient on every visit for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska Regional receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to capitalize on the Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our community.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Pharmacy Intern II PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.