Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Epic Senior ADT Grand Central Analyst WFH with Work from Home you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Work from Home, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Work from Home family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Epic Senior ADT Grand Central Analyst WFH to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a member of the CereCore team, the Epic Consulting Analyst serves as an advanced support analyst and is a key Epic IT resource for facility implementation and support. The Epic Consulting Analyst works under the guidance of the Manager of Epic Services to perform their duties. Primary responsibilities include assisting the facility's Epic EHR systems team on IT activities, and second-level support to resolve incidents, and participate in upgrade/SU or new module/application testing, and implementation for the facility. This individual works with leadership and the facilities to deliver hands-on training as needed, and to implement corporate and division standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization plans. The Epic Consulting Analyst will be in charge of a program of complex projects. The Epic Consulting Analyst is expected to spend time within our facilities and critical areas to maintain a firm understanding of operations and ensure development and solutions solve the core ask/issue. Travel will be as necessary to complete the various departmental initiatives.
- Leads groups of various initiatives linked to EHR or process improvement
- Provides incident/issue support through data gathering
- Works to troubleshoot and resolve Tier 2 level application-specific issue build/fixes
- Ability to complete more complex applications build/fixes
- Advanced knowledge in at least two Epic modules
- Basic knowledge in at least one other Epic module
- Manages projects and requests in primary Epic application
- Provides detailed issue resolution documentation
- Participates in module/application testing, and implementation
- Participates in software update testing
- Produces detailed build documentation, functional test scripts and maintains updated test scripts.
- Performs Data Courier
- Completes chronicles searches as necessary
- Manages integrated projects, security, and reporting
- Creates delivery tools
- Mentors team members with less industry and/or technical experience in advanced and basic knowledge areas
- Assists with onboarding and training of new employees
- Provides input on policies and procedures, training, and best practices
- Present system configuration changes at Change Management meetings
- Conduct presentations in front of large groups including operational leadership
- Assists with Operational Change Management
- Demonstrates system functionality, design configuration and integrated workflows for end users and stakeholders
- Works with team members and facilities to deliver advanced integrated hands-on training as needed
- Works with team members and facilities to actively promote and support corporate/division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for the Epic applications
- Communicates challenges or trends to leadership team to assist in sales process
- Escalates relevant issues to the leadership team in a timely manner.
- Communicates workflows to end users and senior leadership
- Conducts end user training
- Creates training aids and tip sheets
- Leads incident support, application design, and end user/stakeholder meetings
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance
- Builds strong relationships at the facility with core customer base (nurses, physicians, core team members, c-suite, etc.)
- Assists in identifying and communicating referrals to support Sales and Business Development
- Provides estimates for Statements of Work and assessments
- Serves as the Application expert on sales calls/trips
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Participates in special projects as needed
- Represent CereCore and HCA while working/interacting with external partners
- Travel as required: anticipated < 50% travel
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficiency or certifications in at least 2 Epic Applications
- Working knowledge of at least 2 other Epic Application
- Experience with Incident Management/Tracking Systems
- Able to manage a team of peers
- Deep integrated understanding of Epic
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships across multiple clients and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Strong ability to multi-task, and execute on new initiatives
- Ability to express technical knowledge clearly
- Ability to absorb technical knowledge quickly
- Demonstrated customer orientation skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects
- Effective time management skills, critical and creative thinking
- Demonstrated teaching abilities
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- In-depth understanding of operations and processes
- Experience with at least two healthcare organizations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Other as Noted: Relevant Equivalent Experience
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Epic Proficiency with Certification level scores in at least 2 applications within first 3 months in role required
- Epic Application Certification in at least two applications preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is an office environment or remote. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
- Travel required as necessary to perform job duties and support client sites. Expectation is a maximum of 50% travel.
- On-call rotation
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Epic Senior ADT Grand Central Analyst WFH opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.