This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Warehouse Operations Assistant Manager-Rx Shipping today with HealthTrust Supply Chain.
HealthTrust Supply Chain, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Warehouse Operations Assistant Manager-Rx Shipping. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Warehouse Operations Assistant Manager is responsible for overseeing specific warehouse operations including receiving, order picking, packing, shipping, transportation, and inventory management. The Warehouse Operations Assistant Manager assists the Department Manager with the direct supervision of associates within a specific department of the distribution center and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HCA policies and applicable laws. The Warehouse Operations Assistant Manager is also responsible for the hiring, training, orientation, supervision, and evaluation of employees in specific operational areas.
What you will do in this role:
- Oversees specific supply chain functions to include receiving, picking, packing, shipping or inventory management.
- This position is responsible for identifying and recommending new process or enhancements to improve
- performance on receiving, distribution, inventory management, and replenishment processes.
- Maintains operating expenses based on an annual operating budget
- Ensure associates in the department have sufficient materials and training to perform their duties adequately.
- Provides training to new employees.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, directing, rewarding and disciplining associates; completing performance evaluations and resolving conflicts.
- Meets or exceeds warehouse Key Performance Indicators; prepares Key Performance Indicator report
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed by the staff
- Ensures the highest levels of Inventory accuracy are met or exceeded; ensures the highest quality and accuracy for all pharmacy processes
- Review the workflow of the department to ensure it is adequate and to resolve any issues that arise.
- Track associate attendance and issue corrective actions as required by policy.
- Conduct safety audits within the department to ensure work completed by associates is done in a safe manner; conduct safety training when needed.
- Maintains effective communication with customers, co-workers, and other team members
- Ensures that all material handling and transportation equipment is properly maintained
- Supervises cycle counting process
- Supervises physical inventory counts during inventory process
- Ensures pharmacy operations meet all department mandated timeframes and deadlines
- Provide leadership and coaching to associates within the department to ensure they are operating at peak performance.
- Assist associates in the department with their duties when required.
- Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews for pharmacy staff
What you need in the role:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- Minimum of Associates degree in Business, Supply Chain or related discipline is preferred
- Minimum 5 years warehouse operations management experience is required
- Minimum 1 year of Supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience in healthcare distribution is preferred
- Experience in utilizing WMS software is preferred
HealthTrust Supply Chain is a critical part of HCA Healthcare’s strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Warehouse Operations Assistant Manager-Rx Shipping opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.