Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Sanitation Asst today with HCA Florida JFK North Hospital.
HCA Florida JFK North Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Sanitation Asst. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The Environmental Services Sanitation worker under the direction of the EVS Management is responsible for completing general cleaning duties including linen delivery and removal, trash removal, furniture moving and deep cleaning. Ensures that all tasks are completed safely, and in strict adherence to Infection Control, Environment of Care and other related policies and procedures. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Ensures all trash is removed and properly placed in the appropriate containers throughout shift and prior to end of shift.
· Contributes to a safe, clean, and uncontaminated environment by ensuring work areas are kept clean, sanitized, and orderly.
· Responsible for moving of beds at the beginning of the shift and during the day as requested/needed.
· Knowledge and understanding of all products/chemicals to be used on a daily basis for areas assigned.
· Responsible for reporting inventory levels when running low and any issues with equipment to EVS Management team.
· Responsible for cleaning vents on all units, including common areas, patient rooms, bathrooms, soiled utility rooms, non-patient areas and any other area assigned.
· Responsible for cleaning stairs and hallways from debris.
· Maintains patient, employee and environmental safety infection control and consistently complies with specified safety and practice standards.
· Responsible for daily cleaning of patient rooms as well as cleaning discharged rooms in a timely manner for incoming admissions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or its equivalent preferred
· One (1) year experience providing environmental services in a healthcare environment preferred.
· Ability to read, write and converse in English required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida JFK North Hospital is a 280-bed acute care facility. We have a 124-bed behavioral health unit. We are located in West Palm Beach, FL. HCA Florida JFK North Hospital has served the healthcare needs of Palm Beach County for 46 years. Our technology to offer patients superior outcomes, less pain and improved recovery times. Our services include a 24-hour Emergency Department, Advanced Primary Certified Stroke Center, Orthopedic Institute, Critical Care Unit and an Interventional Vascular Suite. We have Inpatient Diabetes Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Outpatient Rehabilitation, and a Center for Pain Care and surgical services. HCA Florida JFK North Hospital offers services for mental health and wellness for children, adolescents, adults and seniors. We have 600 colleagues and 900 medical staff. We are dedicated to our mission; Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Sanitation Asst opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.