Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Business Intelligence Analyst with HCA Healthcare you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Intelligence Analyst to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst who will design, build and execute reporting within BI tools as well as create custom reporting by leveraging the SQL language. This role is responsible for gathering the necessary requirements from the customer and creating documentation to support the analytics being produced. This role is responsible for presenting findings and suggesting improvements for data quality and workflow improvements. The Data/BI Analyst works directly with IT data warehouse developers on unit/integration testing and reporting environment changes.
- You will work directly with the Manager of Analytics who will be able to shepherd your learning, development and project execution
- You will interact on a frequent basis with colleagues who have experience in the role and will be there to assist with any questions you may have. Your colleagues will have experience across broad subject matters to enhance your perspective on the projects you will be helping with
- Your department leadership team are leaders in analytics for the healthcare industry with over 60 years of combined experience. Your leadership team has served in every capacity of your role and will be able to provide in depth insight into HCA and emerging analytic trends
- Your team enjoys a flexible work arrangement with a hybrid work from home model
Your contribution in this role:
- With direction, present data formally and informally, and facilitate discussions regarding data outputs.
- With direction, provide beginning to moderate analysis and ad hoc operational reports as requested.
- With direction, provide in-depth “what if” analysis of data using available tools.
- Execute data integrity/validation routines.
- Utilize problem-solving skillset to triage and solve business problems and issues.
- Work on activities related to formatting, executing, distributing, and interpreting reports using the available tools.
- Serve as subject matter expert when intaking, triaging, responding, and resolving Help Desk requests from users.
- Contribute to BI and Analytics standards within the department and organization.
- Escalate to and collaborate with department leadership on program issues and risks to identify solutions.
- Serve as primary contact for the customer and department leadership and lead eliciting and documenting business, user, functional and non-functional requirements. Create assigned/appropriate deliverables as a part of assigned projects or ad hoc development assignments.
- Execute testing plans as defined by department leadership.
- Assist in prototyping efforts of analytic and reporting tools.
- Assist the team lead on projects and prioritization meetings with tactical teams between the department, customer, and IT teams
- Provide department leadership with status updates on key initiatives.
- Obtain field feedback on usage activities to continuously improve Reporting & Analytics output.
- Collaborate and build relationships with IT developers and leadership.
- Collaborate and build relationships with PSG senior leadership.
- Work with all departments throughout the product life cycle to ensure project dates are met and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
Education and Experience we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
- 1+ years previous relevant work experience in an analyst/IT environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Beginner to intermediate SQL language
- Moderate to advanced Excel skillset
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Business Intelligence Analyst opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.