This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) PBX Operator PRN today with HCA Florida JFK North Hospital.
HCA Florida JFK North Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) PBX Operator PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The PBX Operator responds to incoming calls in a timely manner and directs caller to appropriate destination providing a smooth, clear and professionally courteous communication practice. Duties Include but are not limited to:
· Answers multiple incoming telephone lines
· Obtains necessary information and transfers calls to correct extensions
· Provides information to callers as appropriate
· Performs overhead paging
· Monitors all alarms located in PBX and notifies appropriate personnel, as required
· Responds quickly and accurately to emergency situations as required, remaining calm.
· Corrects and updates posted information as needed. Assists with the maintenance of directories on-call list, etc.
· Accurately utilizes the features of the PBX consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment.
· Assist with maintaining cleanliness, safety and security of the PBX area.
· Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of patient and organizational data.
· Ensures release of information is consistent with all privacy policies.
· Orients and mentors new staff members.
· Related experience strongly preferred
· Experience in customer service position
· Previous PBX experience in a medical setting is desirable
· Ability to perform calmly, competently and quickly in emergency situations
· Customer service abilities
· Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida JFK North Hospital is a 280-bed acute care facility. We have a 124-bed behavioral health unit. We are located in West Palm Beach, FL. HCA Florida JFK North Hospital has served the healthcare needs of Palm Beach County for 46 years. Our technology to offer patients superior outcomes, less pain and improved recovery times. Our services include a 24-hour Emergency Department, Advanced Primary Certified Stroke Center, Orthopedic Institute, Critical Care Unit and an Interventional Vascular Suite. We have Inpatient Diabetes Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Outpatient Rehabilitation, and a Center for Pain Care and surgical services. HCA Florida JFK North Hospital offers services for mental health and wellness for children, adolescents, adults and seniors. We have 600 colleagues and 900 medical staff. We are dedicated to our mission; Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our PBX Operator PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.