Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Memorial Health Meadows Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Nursing Supervisor PRN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Memorial Health Meadows Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Nursing Supervisor PRN opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Nursing Supervisor provides direct nursing care by established policies and procedures of Meadows Hospital and the Georgia Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the Health Care Team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The RN is responsible for patient assessments, patient education, administration of medications as ordered by a physician, via oral IM, SQ or IV route. The RN will also document on nurses notes, medication, and patient education records.
What you will do in this role:
- Assesses patient care requirements on each unit, by making rounds in the Emergency Department (ED), and all other areas of the hospital according to departmental need
- Assesses the acuity of care required by the patients
- Develops and implements staffing plan for shift based on patient acuity, patient census and available staff
- Maintains proficiency with computer scheduling system and assists with scheduling as assigned
- Serves as a resource to staff for solving clinical problems
- Assists staff to efficiently utilize staffing resources to meet patient care requirements and other professional responsibilities
- Provides for immediate follow-up, documentation, and communication of incidents to appropriate manager and director
- Responds to emergency situations and assists as necessary
- Responds to emergencies by activating emergency notification systems, dispatching helicopters, contacting cardiac, and surgical services special teams; notifying security, fire, and police; initiating disaster plan call list; activating incident command
- Anticipates actual/potential problems that may occur on the shift and sets shift priorities accordingly
- Works collaboratively with nursing and ancillary staff to resolve problems in a fair, consistent manner
- Contacts representatives of departments not presently in the hospital for assistance with problem solving
- Acts as a resource, interpret and ensure adherence to Meadows and nursing philosophy, policies and procedures
- Obtains materials/supplies from Materials Processing and/or the Storeroom for patient care when these departments are not open
- Fosters a just culture climate to identify and respond to actual/potential patient safety issues
- Provides support, guidance and feedback to staff
- Assists staff to interpret change in a positive manner
- Assists staff to provide a safe work environment for patient care
- Consistently and independently follows established safety and infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations
- Assists physicians and staff in admission criteria for assigning admission status and bed assignment to patients
- Reports to the administrator-on-call significant incidents and problems that occur on the shift
- Provides detailed hand-off reporting to oncoming nursing supervisor
What qualifications you will need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current ACLS and PALS certification is required
- 1 year experience in an RN role is required
Memorial Health Meadows Hospital is a regional health system featuring a state-of-the-art hospital, cancer center and a network of physician practices that serve Vidalia, Ga. and the surrounding communities. Meadows Health includes the only nationally accredited hospital in Montgomery, Toombs, Treutlen and Tattnall counties. The center offers the latest in medical advancements including cutting-edge cancer care, life-saving heart attack procedures, women’s services, wound care, orthopedic medicine and more.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Nursing Supervisor PRN opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.