Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Certified Surgical Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
$15,000 Sign on Bonus for qualified candidates. 2 year commitment required.
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Certified Surgical Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Surgical Technologist is an active member of the team in the Operating Room. The Surgical Technologist functions under the direct supervision of the OR nurse. He/she is responsible for the sterile field, instrumentation, sterile technique, and other tasks required during the procedure. . The Surgical Technologist supports hospital mission, values and visions
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- · Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
- · Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- · Prepares sterile instrument table.
- · Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- · Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- · Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- · Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- · Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- · Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- · Maintains work area.
- · Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- · Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- · Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- · Orients and mentors new staff members.
- · Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Tech Program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Surgical technologist students may be hired prior to graduation (within 3 months of graduation). Upon graduation, verification of completion of requirements will be verified. Failure to complete graduation requirements can result in termination of the position.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a 200+ bed facility serving Southern Kentucky and surrounding areas. Recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, TriStar Greenview is a national leader in providing quality healthcare. Home of Kentucky's first CardioMEMS™ HF System, we are also an accredited chest pain center that provides state-of-the-art cardiac care to patients managing heart failure. The facility is also a Certified Primary Stroke Center.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Certified Surgical Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.