Do you have the PRN career opportunities as an Acute Care Speech Language Pathologist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Health University Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Memorial Health University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Speech Language Pathologist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the healthcare team the Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, recording and implementing a treatment plan to achieve the goals of the patient as it relates to social and cognitive communication as well as swallowing disorders. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
· You will conduct patient assessments and evaluations to determine physical condition, limitations, medical histories and patient goals
· You will enable patients with speech and language disorders, whether it is receptive or expressive, to communicate as effectively and clearly as possible
· You will assist the physician with determining appropriate dietary feeding levels for patients with dysphagia and progress the level through the use of therapeutic techniques as appropriate
· You will provide education to the patient/family and effectively document the therapy process
· You will communicate and collaborate with other members of the rehabilitation team including other therapists, physicians and nurses to best treat the patient
What qualifications you may need:
· Graduation from an accredited school of a Master’s level Speech Language Pathology program is required
· Must be licensed as a Speech Language Pathologist in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation
· Must have Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCCs) per ASHA
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Prior acute care and/or inpatient rehab experience working as a Speech Therapist is preferred and/or familiarity with performing and reading swallowing assessments
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Health University Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Speech Language Pathologist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.