Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) COOK PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Rapides Regional Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Rapides Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) COOK PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Cook will perform a variety of food service tasks involved in food preparation, serving, and storage including food portioning, service, delivery, and sanitation. This person may have to properly store and handle food products and supplies, set up and serve from written menus on the patient line, serve and assist customers in the cafeteria, and participate in proper cleaning and sanitizing, duties including dishwashing, pot washing, equipment cleaning, and floor cleaning. Responsible for meeting the established policies/standards of practice for this facility. Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. Promotes a supportive, team work-oriented environment.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepare menu items from written recipes and other written and verbal directions.
· Make independent decisions regarding scheduling of daily food production to ensure timely, quality service of menu items and by effectively using time between workloads.
· Serve food to customers and understand and assist in other areas of the kitchen as needed.
· Work assigned position on patient tray line or cafeteria; arriving at station at scheduled time.
· Completes all routine daily and special weekly cleaning assignments on time as scheduled.
· Practices proper storage techniques in order to insure proper temperatures and maintain food safety; label and date food items placed into storage. Abide by all safety infection control and other guidelines as required.
· Practices safety and security as defined by hospital department policies and procedures manual.
· Report necessary equipment repairs, maintenance and supply needs to Food Service supervisor in a timely fashion.
· Must be flexible and able to change as needed.
· Works as a positive member of the Food Service Team.
· Maintains high standards of personal hygiene.
· Implement a safe and sanitary work environment by following standard operation procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality
· Able to modify job duties and communicate with customers in an age appropriate manner.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Rapides Regional Medical Center is a 350+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana. We offer services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care. Our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties. At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital. This culture impacts the well-being of patients and their families. It also impacts your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. Learn what our commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our COOK PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.