This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Director Applications, Pharmacy and Oncology opening with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Director Applications, Pharmacy and Oncology for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
At HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. That's more than just a privilege. At HCA Healthcare, it is our calling. Since our founding more than 50 years ago, we have followed a vision of healthcare the way it should be: patient-centered, constantly evolving and constantly improving, practiced with integrity and compassion. We all have a role in making this vision a reality. Together, we can improve more lives in more ways. ITG is responsible for the development and implementation of HCA’s electronic health record (EHR).
The Senior Director of Pharmacy and Oncology Applications is a member of the EHR Standards team, with primary responsibility to the HCA MEDITECH Expanse platform. This role will drive execution and delivery of standard EHR design and development for all Pharmacy and Oncology domains.
• Oversee the strategy and development of HCA’s standard inpatient, oncology, and post-acute EHR content for Expanse.
• Direct a team of lead analysts and developers through all phases of design, development, testing, and implementation of HCA’s inpatient Expanse EHR.
• Ensure EHR content and functionality is evidence based and/or supports HCA’s clinical standards and operational agenda through research, analysis, and vetting. • Drive quality, efficiency, innovation, and scalability through EHR design and development.
• Drive collaboration across HCA clinical and business units.
• Provide project leadership, team management and coordination for a multi-disciplinary team model.
• Manage, and escalate as needed, follow through activities and resolution of issues identified that may impact the expected outcomes, plan, or clinical workflow processes of Expanse project.
• Maintain accountability for project timelines and budget for all clinical application teams.
• Ensure executive leadership is informed of project status and facilitate decisions around EHR design, as needed.
• Mentor and guide project leads and analysts on best practices.
• Contribute to the innovation and optimization of HCA’s Expanse EHR. Competencies
• Clear communication and executive presence
• Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization and leadership structure
• Ability to delegate tasks and enlist the cooperation and/or assistance of team members and others
• Ability to participate in multiple activities and tasks simultaneously
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to analyze and apply critical thinking to project work
• Ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
• Professional written and verbal communication
• Strong and sound competency in mapping real-life clinical practices to informatics applications
• Proven leadership and responsibility for independently leading clinical and informatics initiatives
• Relevant leadership role >5 years
• Pharmacist required
• Hospital clinical experience preferred
• Experience with EHRs (MEDITECH, Epic, Cerner, etc.) required
• College graduate required; Pharmacy degree required
• Travel required up to 25%
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Dir Applications Pharmacy and Oncology opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.This position is incentive eligible.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.