HCA Florida Putnam Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for RN Med Surg position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
HCA Florida Putnam Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at HCA Florida Putnam Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
- Champion PCMC’s mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Identifies and monitors patient care requirements by recording and reporting symptoms and changes in patients' conditions. Record patients' medical information and vital signs. Administers medications as ordered.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses, conditions and physician orders.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions through the collaboration with an inter-disciplinary team of health care providers.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Ensures operation of equipment following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Delegate and supervise personnel
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
- Coordinate admissions and discharge planning.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, childbirth, and develop health improvement programs.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Provide or arrange for training/instruction of auxiliary personnel or students.
- Engage in research activities related to nursing.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Putnam Hospital is a 99-bed acute care facility serving North Central Florida. Our hospital is located in Palatka, Florida. We serve the residents of Putnam County and surrounding areas. We provide the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained and empathetic professionals. We have a 10-bed intensive care unit and a 24-hour emergency department. We have a cardiac catheterization laboratory and offer inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. Our hospital offers a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Med Surg opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.