Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Cook that you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Memorial Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Cook where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
What you will do in this role:
· You will prepare food items for patients, cafeteria, and catering functions using standardized recipes and high-quality production skills
· You will assemble plates for patients and cafeteria patrons
· You will work on patient tray assembly line and you will follow menu directives for determining food items for each tray
· You will have a basic knowledge of therapeutic diets
· You will clean and sanitize kitchen work area, all equipment and tables and you will collect and dispose of garbage
· You will maintain HACCP record logs, temperature logs and assist with food stocking
What qualifications you may need:
· A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
· 6 months of food service experience is required
· 1 year of cooking experience, ideally in the hospital setting is preferred
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Cook PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.