Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Florida Memorial Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) RN ED to join our healthcare family.
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN ED opportunity.
As a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room, you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care. We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
· You will document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
· You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
· You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
· You will be responsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge of all care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma, behavioral health, etc.
· You coordinate and triage incoming ambulance traffic
· You manage care with primary ED attending
· You are responsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-level triage algorithm
· You are responsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse for trauma
· You will demonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care based decisions.
· You will educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay.
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
· Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN ED opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.