Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Licensed Social Worker.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Corpus Christi Medical Center, Corpus Christi, TX
Licensed Social Worker PRN - Adolescent PHP/IOP
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631- bed Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women's Health Center
What you will do in this role:
- Formulates a psychosocial assessments in order to share with other multi-disciplinary members to enhance the effectiveness and outcome of plan-of-care
- Be a resource to patients/families confronting simultaneously illness and/or divorce, custody, and adoption issues
- Readily provides crisis intervention, counseling , and emotional support where and when needed within the hospital; provide counseling and psycho education around care giving role, end-of-life, grief and bereavement issues; facilitates completion of DNRs, Advanced Directives, and formal Health Care proxy Appointments.
- Develops professional relationships with, and knowledge of aftercare resources, including their scope and referral process requirements to improve the safety of the discharge planning process and reentry of the patient into the community (i.e. State and regional forms of assistance, housing, and entitlements). Maintain an updated resource list.
- Participates in treatment and discharge planning – develops a thorough and current understanding of criteria established by payer sources to obtain reimbursement.
- Available to all floor staff when unscheduled consultation is required in person of by telephone, as dictated by level of priority.
- Identify root-causes of frequent re-admissions (>31 days) and address them when they fall within the scope of Social Work (i.e. culturally – based perceptions of illness and health, ill-understood nature of life-changes secondary to disease, lack of resources). Establish triggers for pre discharge family meeting, including physician, nurse, or educator
- Develop and offer support groups to the larger community to enhance self-care behaviors, education on prevention and health maintenance, management of care giving role.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) (MSW) is required.
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is preferred.
- Certified or Accredited Case Manager certification (CCM) (ACM) is preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.