Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Case Mgmt Asst opening with Del Sol Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Del Sol Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Case Mgmt Asst for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Case Management Assistant (CMA) will work under the direction of the RN Case Manager or Social Worker to
assist with facilitating patient discharges requiring post-acute placement or services, and will identify and report barriers
to discharges. He/she will coordinate timely referrals and facilitate payor authorizations where applicable. The CMA will
also supply support in areas that do not require licensed personnel.
- Coordinates with RN Case Manager and Social Worker for support needed. Communicates updates on progress throughout the day. Refers patient questions back to the case manager/social worker.
- Provides clerical support of multidisciplinary rounds, including updating NATE Tempo at direction of team.
- Makes referrals through the web-based referral system (nH Discharge/Other) to the specific post-acute care (PAC) providers requested. Includes sending the appropriate packet of information from the medical record required for the level of care.
- Makes appointments for outpatient hemodialysis.
- Monitors all patients with PAC referrals and intervenes to expedite placement.
- Prioritizes workload to ensure a timely contact and intervention with PAC settings. * Sends additional information to PAC provider when requested.
- Communicates with RN Case Managers/Social Workers regarding the status of PAC referrals, bed availability, and other barriers that cannot be resolved
- Communicates results of PAC referrals with the patient, including having the Patient Choice letter signed.
- Monitors Medicare patient’s planned discharge dates and delivers the Important Medicare Message (IMM) to the patient per facility policy.
- Delivers the Beneficiary Notice to patients identified as being in the BPCI-A program (Bundle Payment hospitals only).
- Obtains physician signature on required case management documents.
- Based on facility practice; sets up transportation/sends information to Transfer Center and generates discharge packets for PAC transfers.
- Utilizes Case Management systems, standards, and processes.
- Maintains knowledge of and actively develops relationships with PAC providers and payers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies.
- ractices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”.
Education & Experience:
- Associate Degree Preferred
- Medical knowledge and terminology Required
- Minimum of two years experience a health care setting Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Case Mgmt Asst opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.