Are you ready to manage in a new era as a Director of Cardiovascular Services where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job? Our TriStar Summit Medical Center team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.
TriStar Summit Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) Director of Cardiovascular Services where your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Director of Cardiac Services provides overall administrative and clinical leadership to Cardiac Catheterization lab, EP lab, Echocardiography, Cardiology (EKG/Stress), Cardiac Rehabilitation, and the Cardiovascular Outpatient Diagnostic Center. Accountable and responsible for all departmental activities to ensure delivery of quality patient care in a safe and therapeutic environment The Director will ensure effective administrative management of clinical functions related to personnel and policy in order to meet the mission of patient care, education and research within a fiscally responsible organization.
What you will do in this role:
- Your role develops recommendations on policies and procedures for Clinical Operations
- You will provide overall leadership and management of departments supervised
- You will provide administrative and clinical supervision of staff within departments supervised
- Your role assumes responsibility for clinical and resource management of units (24 hrs/day)
- You will assume responsibility for employee, physician and patient satisfaction.
- You will assume responsibility for standards of practice and for quality of care.
- You will delineate and develop new programs that support department goals and objectives.
- In conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer and appropriate staff input, you will set goals and objectives for the department/services and delineate strategies for implementing and achieving goals.
- You must possess the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships both inter- and intra-departmentally; and to foster good customer relations and to observe the Summit Medical Center mission statement.
- You must exhibit leadership behaviors such as encouraging and involving others, delegating authority, facilitating decision-making and building consensus between and within the organization.
- Your role assists with STEMI program and Chest Pain Accreditation initiatives
- You will conduct periodic audits of essential clinical activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- You will support the facility’s Standards of Performance and ICARE values
- You will recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of nursing or accredited school of Healthcare/Imaging is required.
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing as RN, Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist by the NMTCB or ARRT, or Certified Healthcare Administrative Professional by the AHCAP.
- Current BLS certification
- Previous clinical experience in area of responsibility
- Three to five years supervisory or management level experience required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
TriStar Summit is a 200 bed comprehensive facility. We serve Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties. We include a Level III Trauma Center. We offer a full array of acute care services. These include cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics/spine, rehabilitation and women’s services. We are an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI. We are a Primary Stroke Center. TriStar Summit is a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If this is the kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the Director of Cardiovascular Services role. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.