Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Mental Health Technician I? At HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Mental Health Technician I like you to be a part of our team.
The Mental Health Technician I provides patient care and supervision under the direction of a Registered Nurse. The MHT I provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environmental/instrumentation, and other health care members. The MHT I functions as a member of the therapeutic team within limits as designated by the policies and procedures of FWBMC.
1. The MHT provides and documents on patient care and observes patient behaviors based on the nursing process, established hospital policies and procedures, unit specific policies and procedures, and/or Standards of Care/Practice.
2. Assists in the coordination of nursing/psychiatric care provided in conjunction with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
3. Assists in the development and facilitation of MHT lead Goals, Wrap-Up, and Diversional patient groups.
4. Participates in the safety rounds rotation.
5. Maintains accurate and detailed documentation of assigned safety rounds.
6. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
7. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
8. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
9. Observes reports and documents the patient's physiological and psychological status, informing a registered nurse of any incongruences in the above.
15. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associates degree preferred
· Vocational or Technical Degree such as EMT preferred
· Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license preferred
· BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
· CPI required within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· 1+ year of experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed hospital. We are a top-performing quality hospital. We have over 300 of the most respected and qualified physicians in the area. We offer an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and a Cancer Care Center. Our services include open-heart surgery and a wide range of specialties. We give advanced care to critically ill patients. We offer emergency services at our main emergency room (ER). We also have a pediatric ER and two freestanding ERs. Together, our team has an unwavering conviction to improve more lives in more ways.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Mental Health Technician I opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.