This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Virtual Vendor Resource Management Coding Manager opening with Parallon today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Parallon offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Virtual Vendor Resource Management Coding Manager for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Vendor Resource Management (VRM) Coding Manager, you are responsible for assisting in the development and evolution of the overall strategy for the company’s Vendor Resource Management coding quality and operations. You will manage, direct, and coordinate VRM activities. Your responsibilities include the management of processes, personnel and vendors. You will also plan, assign, and direct the VRM staff; actively monitor employee performance, and reward or discipline accordingly; address complaints and resolve problems; and actively oversee and manage vendors.
In this role, you will:
- Provide direct managerial oversight to vendors, Coding Leads, Coordinators, and Data Analysts in management of inpatient and outpatient coding functions, quality, workflow, and overall work responsibilities
- Ensure complete, accurate, timely and consistent coding, while adhering to published coding guidelines and Company policies
- Coach and help develop team members; helps resolve dysfunctional behavior and promote teamwork within functional area(s); discipline and counsel staff as necessary
- Proactively manage (including corresponding communications and escalation paths) significant issues in coding, status of projects, barriers, and successes
- Responsible for ensuring staff/vendor coding personnel compliance with documented and established workflow guidelines as it relates to completing and pending accounts in work queues/worklists
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements to decrease costs and improve service for applicable stakeholders and submit system enhancement and Business Intelligence report requests accordingly
- Perform productivity monitoring and provides timely and consistent feedback to vendor and VRM staff
- Trend quality data to identify education opportunities; develop and provide education to vendor coders accordingly; submits and coordinates education requests to Parallon HIM corporate team when applicable
- Monitor vendor coders pended accounts in production as well as in HIM CPART review tool to ensure timely turnaround per contract agreement
- Monitor monthly quality scores by vendor and individual coder; recommends vendor coding personnel to be placed under Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) according to VRM Quality Control Plan, and request actions plans from the vendors accordingly
- Monitor and trend computer assisted coding (CAC) reporting and metrics including but not limited to Precision and Recall (P&R) rates, auto-suggested codes entry method, actionable edits resolving percentage per contract agreement
What qualifications you will need:
- Undergraduate degree required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ healthcaremanagement/leadershipexperience required
- Minimum 3-5 years inpatient/outpatient hospital coding experience strongly preferred Experience managing a large coding pool or coding review pool strongly preferred
- RHIA, RHIT and/or CSS required
"Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Virtual Vendor Resource Management Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing; apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.