Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) . Net Application Developer WFH you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Work from Home which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Work from Home, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Application Developer WFH where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The .NET Application Developer role is a key member of the Parallon® Information Technology team develops database and web applications to support Revenue Cycle Point Solutions. The position is responsible for ascertaining business requirements from business users and incorporating those requirements into applications that meet the defined need(s). The position is also responsible for assisting the Application Development Manager with other duties as assigned including maintenance and support of ongoing applications.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining internal .NET web applications
- Meets with business representatives to define and document functional and non-function requirements
- Defines database requirements and assists in the design and implementation of database
- Utilizes SQL Server toolsets to develop/maintain, databases, tables, stored procedures and views
- Develops and maintains programs to integrate applications primarily through SQL Server SSIS packages
- Provides first level support to resolve incidents or fulfill requests received from the users; works with enterprise subject matter experts and technical resources to research and resolve issues; provides status on user issues.
- Defines, documents, and executes rigorous test plans to ensure implemented solutions meet documented requirements and expose defects
- Applies application code changes to QA and Production environments adhering to change management practices
- Ensures data security and integrity and application reliability
- Performs routine maintenance and monitoring for applications
- Performs AdHoc query of the application database to provide information for business decisions, resolution of system issues, and validation of system testing
- Coordinates with the business owner to communicate changes and train application users
- Maintains technical documentation and application knowledge base
- Applies waterfall and agile system development methodologies based on the project requirements
- Generally, completes work under the guidance of a senior application developer
- Sphere of influence – Operations and mid managers Provides on-call assistance as needed.
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of .NET development using C#.NET
- MS SQL Server database design and development of stored procedures / SSIS packages
- Experience with Microsoft IIS/Windows, or equivalent server platforms
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional and technical
- Ability to work in an Agile team environment
- .NET MVC/MVVM experience preferred
- Understanding of hardware and operating systems and ability to work in a distributed environment
- Experience in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Equivalent Work Experience may substitute degree.
- 2+ years of IT work experience with web development using .NET C#
- 2+ years of IT work experience with SQL DB
- Knowledge of healthcare patient billing and receivables preferred
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Application Developer WFH opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.