Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Cons Info Protect Analyst opening with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Cons Info Protect Analyst for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Information Protection Consulting Analyst plays a critical role with the development and support of HCA Healthcare’s enterprise-wide information privacy and security program, as well as the Company’s compliance, governance, and strategy relative to information protection. The Consulting Analyst proactively identifies and mitigates risks, particularly with regard to the development of strategy initiatives to reduce HIPAA-related violations, particularly those that rise to the level of a breach. The Consulting Analyst interacts extensively with leadership and business owners across the enterprise and provides consultative support to all Facility Privacy Officials (FPOs), Ethics and Compliance Officers (ECOs), legal, as well as other stakeholders on all privacy and security related matters
- Leads the incident response team specific to the analysis, diligence and resolution of reportable issues and other such complex matters with special circumstances, and issues discovered during privacy and security reviews and/or assessments of applications, processes, and technology infrastructure.
- Leads inquiries, the data response process, and issue resolution with compliance reviews and investigations invoked by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights or other external regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
- Leads consulting services for third party enterprise-wide strategic initiatives.
- Acts as a privacy subject matter expert relative to the application of the HIPAA Privacy Rule, HITECH Act, and company policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of the company privacy risk assessment strategy to review business processes and evaluate privacy controls necessary to protect sensitive and restricted information.
- Identifies, minimizes and mitigates legal and regulatory privacy and security compliance risks.
- Identifies trends and educational opportunities relative to privacy and security issues and recommends and/or develops tools and resources to address them.
- Develops strategic working relationships across all lines of business and project partners (e.g., the Clinical Operations Group, Internal Audit, Legal, Ethics and Compliance, Parallon, HealthTrust) as necessary to identify, evaluate, and reduce privacy and security risks.
- Proven experience in information security, privacy, risk management, and privacy and security regulations (e.g., HITECH, HIPAA).
- A proven track record in creating and maintaining strong business relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; creative and strategic thinker with strong analytical skills; the ability to communicate privacy, security, and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences; persuasive, encouraging, motivating and inspiring.
- Independent, yet collaborative; respected by peers and others.
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to handle ambiguity and sometimes changing priorities.
- Professional demeanor, appearance, and positive attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years’ experience. Required
- 14+ years of proven experience in privacy and security or other similar federal healthcare regulation in lieu of degree. Required
- CHP, RHIA, RHIT, HCISPP, CISSP. preferred
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Cons Info Protect Analyst opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.