Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Recreational Therapist you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Chippenham Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Chippenham Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Chippenham Hospital!
Behavioral Health Recreational Therapist JRMC
Seeking an experienced Recreational Therapist to join our dynamic team of behavioral health professionals. In this role, you will collaborate with behavioral health team to develop and provide recreational therapy according to identified patient needs. We are looking for a passionate individual to join our team in providing the best possible mental health care to our patients. If that is you, come be a part of what makes us great and apply today!
* You will review multi-disciplinary assessments and thoroughly complete Activity Therapy assessments for patients.
* Your primary function will be to facilitate recreational therapy, through group and individual sessions, focused on helping patients make activity choices, which support recovery, life balance, and wellness.
* You will manage the safety and orderliness of activity therapy work and group areas while maintaining an appropriate quantity and variety of activity therapy supplies.
* You must thoroughly document any recreation therapy interventions in patients’ electronic medical records.
* You will collaborate with the behavioral health treatment team, patient, and other necessary parties in the development and revision of the recovery plan and coordination of services.
* Previous experience providing successful activity therapy in either an internship or employment setting. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
* BA or BS in Activity Therapy related field of study: Therapeutic Recreations, Art Therapy, or Music Therapy.
* Certified, credentialed or licensed by professional organization and/or state in therapeutic recreation (CTRS), art therapy, music therapy, or related field or license eligible.
* MS in Therapeutic Recreation or related field with eligibility for LPC/LCSW/ATR Licensure preferred.
* American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider required.
* Must obtain Nonviolent Crisis Intervention within 60 days of hire.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Recreational Therapist opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.