The Research Nurse is responsible for coordinating multiple research protocols and serving as a liaison with local investigators, clinical staff, and research personnel. Under direct supervision, this individual will mature in their understanding of research operations and regulations in order to achieve a strong fundamental understanding of human subject research.
HCA Florida Largo Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Clinical Research Nurse II where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Supports enrolling patients onto clinical trials through recruitment, screening, enrollment and follow up of eligible subjects according to protocol requirements
- Responsible for working with the principal investigator to meet or exceed study enrollment.
- Reviews the study design and inclusion/exclusion criteria with physician and patient
- Ensures the protection of study patients by verifying informed consent procedures and adhering to protocol requirements/compliance
- Ensures the integrity of the data submitted on Case Report Forms or other data collection tools by careful source document review; monitors data for missing or implausible data
- Ensures that adequate and accurate records are maintained for inspecting
- Creates study specific tools for source documentation when not provided by sponsor
- Collects, completes, and enters data into study specific case report forms or electronic data capture systems
- Generates and tracks drug shipments, device shipments, and supplies as needed
- Reports and follows up on serious adverse events as necessary
- Implements study-specific communications
- Ensures timely adherence to protocol requirements
- Responsible for completion of all required documentation according to site works guidelines
- Ensures timely and accurate data completion
- Maintains accurate and complete records including regulatory documents when applicable, signed informed consent forms, source documentation, drug dispensing logs, device utilization logs, subject logs and study-related communications
- Tracks and reports adverse events, serious adverse events, protocol waivers, deviations, and violations
- Communicates all protocol-related issues to appropriate study colleagues or manager
- Attends study specific on site meetings, investigator meetings, conference calls and monthly CRC meetings as required or asked to do so
- Apprises principal investigator, Research Operations Director and Regional Site Manager of all study specific medical issues for guidance
- Assists sponsor and US FDA audit teams
- Reviews and responds to any monitoring and auditing findings and escalates issues defined by Regional Site Manager
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to ethical and legal requirements
- Assists in providing coverage for satellite clinic sites as necessary
- Responsible for coverage after hours and on weekends as necessary
You should have:
- Knowledge of federal regulations, good clinical practices (GCP)
- Knowledge of medical and research terminology
- Computer skills including use of clinical trial database, electronic data capture, and MS Word or Excel
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse team of professionals
- Organizational and prioritizing capabilities
- The ability to work independently in a fast pace environment with minimal supervision at off-site facilities
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Active RN license required
- At least on year of experience as a Clinical Research Coordinator preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Research Nurse II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.