Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Pharmacy Technician opening with Appledore Internal Med GME today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Appledore Internal Med GME, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Pharmacy Technician for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for preparing, delivering, and restocking of medications, and maintains the ability to use all equipment and technology necessary to fulfill job responsibilities effectively and efficiently as directed by physicians.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for assisting in the procurement, preparation, delivery, return, and restocking of medications to include but not limited to:
- Filling and delivering oral medications, compounding parenteral medications, filling automated dispensing cabinets, filling code cart trays and pharmacy kits, restocking returned medications prior to the end of each shift, assisting with putting away pharmacy orders, and notifying the Buyer or Technician Supervisor of stock-outs and borrowing medications as needed in a timely manner.
- Fulfills technician job responsibility list for assigned shift and ensures appropriate hand off communication occurs and procedures are followed prior to leaving at the end of shift, ensuring proper documentation of all completed or in progress tasks.
- Maintains proper demeanor and communication with all hospital employees.
- Sustains ability to knowledgeably use and maintain automated equipment.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and process improvement initiatives.
- Ensures personal compliance with USP 797 regulations and documentation.
- Performs expiration date audits and nursing station inspections with on-time completion and documentation.
- Ensures prepacking and compounding logs are completed and filed appropriately.
- Assists the Technician Supervisor with the orientation and training of new hires as assigned.
- Adheres to all facility and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs as well as safety, environmental and infection control standards in the performance of work duties.
- Maintains professional growth and development through continuing education to remain current.
- Responsible for arranging coverage of whole or partial shifts needed off after the schedule is posted.
- Helps maintain the department in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Is compliant with required classes and vaccinations by CMC; i.e., Code of Conduct, influenza vaccine and TB skin tests.
- Maintain department records, reports and files.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must read and understand and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures.
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Values statements.
- No education requirements
- No experience requirements
- Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, or State Registration Pharmacy Technician
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of general pharmacy practices and procedures
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with coworkers, vendors and other staff in all situations, verbal and in writing
- Demonstrated competency in each area of the Performance Measurement Tool · Skill in using basic office equipment, including computer, telephone, photocopier, and fax machine Last Update: December 2019
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work effectively under stress.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with others.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.