This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN Surgical Trauma ICU you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Grand Strand Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Grand Strand Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Grand Strand Medical Center!
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the health care team, the Surgical Trauma ICU Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
· You will understand patients with critical illness and vent management. You will have the ability to respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring
· You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions
· You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions
· You will maintain and review patients’ records including posting tests and examination results
· You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
· You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies
· You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
What qualifications you may need:
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date
· Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Grand Strand Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1978, giving patient's access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 40 years of pioneering healthcare, our 300+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients - including the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program, pediatric intensive care unit, Level I trauma center with two free-standing emergency departments, advanced wound care center, breast cancer center and Carolina Forest Imaging Center. We are recognized, for the chest pain, knee and hip replacement, sepsis and stroke by the Joint Commission.
At Grand Strand Health, you'll find that caring extends to our patients, our people and our South Carolina community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Surgical Trauma ICU opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.