This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Business Office Supervisor CBO? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Business Office Supervisor CBO like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Business Office Supervisor, you will contribute to the company’s mission, vision, and values by coordinating daily operations for the front office. This includes overseeing functions of scheduling, chart preparation, patient registration, and collecting patient deposits.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists BOM with the daily management of the CBO Collections Staff.
- Coordinate employee schedules to ensure that assigned areas are staffed appropriately.
- Responsible for the proper completion of duties for staff in designated areas.
- Fill in as a verifier when needed due to staffing absences.
- Handles patient and insurance inquiries.
- Assists employees with complicated cases and/or upset patients.
- Assists Insurance Verification team as needed to ensure that all cases are verified at least 3-5 days prior to surgery.
- Updates the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account.
- Notifies management of contractual issues that are contrary or inconsistent with contract language.
- Reviews and distribute managed care grid to all employees.
- Negotiates payment plans on self pay accounts utilizing established policies regarding Settlement Discounts.
- Completes weekly reporting to BOM/CBO Director involving up front collections, as per the facility practices.
- Facilitate payment arrangements within center guidelines.
- Performs routine clerical and administrative functions, including answering incoming phone calls.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees, as requested.
- Assists or oversees the recruiting, hiring, and development of staff.
- Completes training/education functions for new and established personnel.
- Performs regular evaluations on staff
Qualifications for this role:
- Minimum (2) years of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office)
- Lead or supervisory experience preferred
- BLS may be required as per facility standard
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Business Office Supervisor CBO opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.