This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a Senior Application Analyst you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Senior Application Analyst where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Based in Asheville, NC, the Senior Application Analyst responsibilities include leadership and facilitation of resources on application activities, to include, second and third tier application support. This role will also lead projects related to upgrades and new application implementations. This resource will be an escalation point for application support and drive implementation and utilization of key applications they are assigned. They will understand and assist in developing and driving the roadmap for their assigned applications. This individual must respond to application/system issues by taking primary responsibility to ensure resolution and ongoing stability of the product. They will prioritize their work independently based on customer needs and departmental priorities. In addition, they will escalate and drive resolution of business, clinical, and technical concerns. This role will generally have greater responsibility than junior level Application Analysts, be recognized as a mentor and coach for the team, and help to onboard junior-level Application Analysts.
- Supports team, division, and multiple facilities as a key IT resource for application implementation and support with greater responsibility than analysts junior to the role
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts and principles gained through experience to solve a range of advanced/complex problems
- Considered the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for key applications as assigned
- Leads or facilitates multi-facility application implementation initiatives
- Provides support by working with enterprise and facility resources as an application SME to resolve service desk incident tickets with an increased responsibility over analysts junior to the role
- Participates in on call rotation and/or after hours support as needed
- Collaborates with enterprise, division and/or facility resources to monitor and facilitate new application testing and implementation with an increased responsibility over analysts junior to the role
- Works with division and facility resources to develop policies and procedures, develop best practices and deliver training as needed
- Leads process improvement efforts to streamline efficiency that require greater accountability than analysts junior to the role
- Collaborates with division and facility leaders to actively promote and support a broad range of division application standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization efforts
- Proactively leads and conducts facility rounding to ensure support needs are met, interactions documented, and issues escalated as needed.
- Leads and mentors junior analysts in service management operational policies and best practices, contributing to enterprise and IT service management goals.
- Assists the manager in development of business cases for new solutions as assigned.
- Analyzes and creates action plans based on application data and reports
- May perform application audits based on policies and procedures
- Partners with teams across divisions and enterprise to develop best practices, track trends, share technical expertise, and improve application efficiency with an increased responsibility over analysts junior to the role
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Works independently with general supervision.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Elevated understanding of healthcare and/or IT operations and application support processes and workflows
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with leaders, customers, clinicians, and colleagues verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Advanced leadership and excellent teaching abilities
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Understanding of reporting tools functionality and capabilities
- Must have transportation to assigned work locations
- Proficiency in various programming and application reporting tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in application support or related work experience
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable.
NOTE: This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Senior Application Analyst opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.