This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a PCT today with HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital.
HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a PCT. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
As a PCT in our department, you will deliver high-quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of important patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily listing. Under supervision of the RN, you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care with your skills and training and in accordance with the needs of our department. The Patient Care Technician will consistently assist the patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized and safe patient care environment.
What you will do in this role:
· You will obtain vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes.
· You will answer patient call lights in a timely manner and respond to patient needs/requests.
· You will assist patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulating, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
· You will be responsible for safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD).
· You will be responsible for recording information in the patient’s medical records
· You will maintain close communication with physicians, nurses and other healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient’s care and condition.
· You will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided, in conjunction with physicians and nurses.
· You will monitor supply levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required.
· 1 year of acute/hospital experience is preferred
Orange Park Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1974, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With nearly 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 300+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. Located in the heart of Orange Park, we provide medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities. We are the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike, specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines.
At Orange Park Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our PCT opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.