Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Medicaid Eligibility Advocate? At Watertown Regional Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Watertown Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medicaid Eligibility Advocate like you to be a part of our team.
The Medicaid Eligibility Advocate is responsible for conduction eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments. The Medicaid Eligibility Advocate serves as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies; and is actively involved in all areas of case management.
In this role you will:
* Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
* Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment. Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
* Obtain legally relevant medical evidence, physician statements and all other documentation required for eligibility determination.
* Complete and file applications. Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
* Ensure all insurance, demographic and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system accurately. Document progress notes to the patient’s file and the hospital computer system.
* Participates in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
* Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the office. Covers and assists with other office functions as requested.
* Will be required to make field visits as necessary and will need reliable personal transportation readily available.
* High School Diploma or GED or related experience in lieu.
* Associate’s degree preferred
* Minimum one year related experience preferred, preferably in healthcare.
* Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Medicaid Eligibility Advocate opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.