This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Medicaid Eligibility Advocate you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. Mark's Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
St. Mark's Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medicaid Eligibility Advocate where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Medicaid Eligibility Advocate is responsible for conduction eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments. The Medicaid Eligibility Advocate serves as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies; and is actively involved in all areas of case management.
In this role you will:
* Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
* Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment. Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
* Obtain legally relevant medical evidence, physician statements and all other documentation required for eligibility determination.
* Complete and file applications. Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
* Ensure all insurance, demographic and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system accurately. Document progress notes to the patient’s file and the hospital computer system.
* Participates in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
* Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the office. Covers and assists with other office functions as requested.
* Will be required to make field visits as necessary and will need reliable personal transportation readily available.
* High School Diploma or GED or related experience in lieu.
* Associate’s degree preferred
* Minimum one year related experience preferred, preferably in healthcare.
* Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
Occasional/ Intermittent Travel Required
1 years experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medicaid Eligibility Advocate opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
PAR-AFHPThis position is incentive eligible.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.