Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Accounting Intern Temporary with HCA Florida Brandon Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
HCA Florida Brandon Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Brandon Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Accounting Intern Temporary to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
*This position is open at various West Florida Division Hospitals starting Spring 2023*
- The Accountant provides Financial Reporting guidance and assistance including month end close activities, accounting policies, financial analysis, annual budgets, SOX compliance and capital management.
- Responsible for Division reporting to National Group. This includes weekly/monthly reports, MOR preparation, cost plan reporting, and responding to various requests for information from Group Controller.
- Ensures accuracy and timely submittal of the monthly financial statement; verifies all monthly journal entries and related schedules are accurately completed.
- Assists in the preparation of reimbursement projects and reports. Produces statistical reports and schedules that reflect the performance of various hospital entities and quantifies variances of key indicators in support of hospital operations.
- Provides financial support and assistance for hospitals and departments by gathering and analyzing financial information for monthly MOR reporting requirements
- Maintains monthly spreadsheets that captures key organizational indicators (as defined by department) with 100% accuracy.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting/Finance.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of accounting experience, preferably in healthcare setting.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills. Must have a thorough understanding of Cash Revenue. Be able to perform analysis as well as give SMA, Budget, and Medicare Exhibit guidance. Understands DSS reporting. Must be advanced Excel user (includes pivot tables, vlookup, charts/graphs, etc.)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Brandon Hospital is a 400 bed acute care hospital in Brandon, FL. We offer many services including a heart & vascular center, behavioral health center and a women’s center. Our women’s center includes a 36 bed neonatal intensive care unit. We have a reflux center and a bariatric center. We are dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a top 100 hospital in America many times. Our intensive care unit has been named a top 100 ICU. Join our friendly hospital with its caring staff located just south of Tampa. We are proud of our colleagues who contribute to the care and services of patients. Whether it is clinical care or our support staff, everyone has an important role in contributing to the health of our community. We hope you’ll consider a career at HCA Florida Brandon Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Accounting Intern Temporary opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.