Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Patient Care Technician with HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Patient Care Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
What you will do in this role:
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, intake and output, calorie counts, and other patient information as outlined by policy.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Serves as Monitor/Telemetry Tech for the unit as needed.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association, CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health.
- 1+ year(s) of previous PCT experience in a healthcare setting, preferred.
- Lifting 100 Lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 Lbs.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
Sign on bonus:
- For 1+ year PCT (Experienced):Your sign on Bonus will be paid in three installments. The first installment of $500 will be paid with your first paycheck, the second installment of $1,000 will be paid to you following successful completion of 6 months of employment and the final installment of $1,500 will be paid to you following successful completion of 12 months of employment in this employment status.
- For less than 1 year PCT/StarTech:Your sign on Bonus will be paid in two installments. The first installment of $500 will be paid with your first paycheck and the second installment of $1,000 will be paid to you following successful completion of 12 months of employment in this employment status
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital is a 237 bed acute care hospital. We serve Charlotte County. We have emergency care, an accredited cancer program, a stroke center of excellence and a chest pain center. We have an orthopedic and spine center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine. We have inpatient, outpatient and cardiovascular surgery. We have sports and rehabilitation services and outpatient programs. HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital provides community wellness programs. We have provided healthcare in Charlotte County for 40 years. Our colleagues enjoy our culture of compassion, respect and service. Over 350 area physicians work with us. We have received the America’s top 100 hospital recognition. This makes us one of the best hospitals in Charlotte County. We hope you’ll consider a career at HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Patient Care Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.