Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Communications Supervisor? At Wesley Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Wesley Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Communications Supervisor like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Compliance with policies and procedures as they relate to communications operations throughout the hospitals.
- Monitoring and reporting all life safety alarm systems for the hospitals.
- Operation of all hospital paging systems including the overhead paging system, courtesy pagers, and personal pager system.
- Administration and maintenance of the paging system for all hospital paging systems and the integration of the paging systems.
- Ensures courteous telephone service and respect to all customers at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle stressful situations with good judgment, tact and diplomacy in reference to customer concerns.
- Assists the Manager in compiling information for the development of management summary reports of telecommunication system usage on a monthly basis.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and in accordance with regulatory agencies and HealthONE/Facility policies.
- Knowledge of all emergency procedures required by the Communication department.
- Answering departmental telephone calls, issuance of long distance authorization codes, assisting patients and visitors with long-distance calling from courtesy phones, filing, typing, preparing work orders and purchase orders and functioning in an operational capacity when needed.
- Serves as the primary contact for the hospitals and as a resource for the hospitals in facilitating/coordinating the answering of telecommunication questions.
- Trains in conjunction with PBX manager all operators in performance of duties.
- Assists the Division PBX Manager in compiling information for the development of management summary reports of PBX system usage on a monthly basis. This position is essential in the functions of the entire Communications department.
What qualifications you will need:
- 5+ years of previous call center experience; preferably in a large medical center
- 1+ years of previous management experience; preferably in a large medical center
- Associate's Degree and Above Preferred
- Knowledge of hospital operations and switchboard use.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required. Must exhibit well-defined verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of personal computer and software applications which support the department.
- Must have proven communication experience. Healthcare background or exposure a plus.
- Must exhibit sound judgment and problem solving skills
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
As part of HCA Healthcare, we at HealthONE® serve the metro Denver area as the largest healthcare system, with more than 11,000 employees. Our hospitals – The Medical Center of Aurora, North Suburban Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Rose Medical Center, Sky Ridge Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital work together to provide a higher level of care. In addition, our system includes eight hospital freestanding emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgery centers, eight CareNow urgent care centers and occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, medical imaging centers and AirLife Denver, which provides critical care air and ground transportation serving Colorado and surrounding states.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Communications Supervisor opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.