Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Medical Technologist with Corpus Christi Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Corpus Christi Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Corpus Christi Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Medical Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Technologist performs routine, complex or specialized bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological, serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids.
- Requires no supervision for processing specimens, performing testing, or reporting results. No review of patient results is required prior to reporting.
- Maintains required competencies in all departments assigned.
- Demonstrates accuracy for all testing performed.
- Observes patient safety, risk management and infection control policies and procedures
- Performs related quality control and required proficiency testing according to policy and procedure.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit, facility and organization.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
Reports to: Laboratory Director/Laboratory Manager
- Bachelor Degree in a Chemical, Physical, Biological, or Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science (MT/CLS) from an accredited institution.
- Or be qualified under CLIA guidelines for MT/CLS.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 630+ bed healthcare system of hospitals in Corpus Christi and the surrounding Coastal Bend community. Bay Area is our full-service acute care hospital and offers state-of-the-art cardiovascular services, bariatric, GYN and robotic surgery. The Women’s Center at Bay Area, with its NICU Unit, is also the home of our graduate medical education program. Doctors Regional is our acute care hospital, with a 24-hour emergency department, cardiac catheterization labs, orthopedic and surgical services, and inpatient rehabilitation. The Heart Hospital offers complete diagnostics, treatment, surgery and rehabilitation for cardiac patients. Northwest Regional/Northwest Behavior Health Center provides emergency medical services, laboratory, imaging services and outpatient behavioral health services. Bayview Behavioral Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient short-term treatment for psychiatric patients ages 12 years and older, as well as substance abuse treatment. Northshore Emergency Center is a full-service 24-7 emergency department in Portland that offers outpatient laboratory, imaging and occupational services. Radiation Oncology offers advanced technology for treating cancer with the latest and most specific radiation therapies available. Our programs focus on the needs of individual patients, while employing the latest techniques and research of 21st-century medicine.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Medical Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.