This job posting is no longer active.
Patient Care Technician / PCT
Medical City Arlington
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Medical City Arlington. Originally opened in August 1976 as Arlington Community Hospital in a rural part of town, Medical City Arlington has developed into a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are more than 1,400 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare with more than 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
- Generous tuition reimbursement and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA’s Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
The Patient Care Technician
- Assists the licensed staff with basic patient care functions, which includes but is not limited to bathing, ambulating, toileting and feeding patients. In addition, picking up meal trays, taking vital signs
- Assists nursing staff by performing bedside glucose checks, foley catheter care including discontinuation of foley, urine collection, tracheostomy care and simple dressing care
- Responsible for performing the clerical tasks and receptionist duties to include: answering all phone calls and patient intercom calls, transcribing physician orders, assembling/maintaining charts for admitted patients, preparing charts for HIM department for discharged patients, and entering orders into the Meditech system
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
- BLS, issued by the American Heart Association certification required
- C.N.A. preferred
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred
- Previous patient care technician experience preferred