This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $18.48 - $24.94 / hour
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Medical Procedure Scheduler Work From Home? At Work from Home, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Work from Home, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Procedure Scheduler Work From Home like you to be a part of our team.
As a Scheduler, you will be responsible for scheduling patient testing/procedures/admissions; obtaining pre-cert/authorization numbers and entering in the scheduling or registration system; obtaining and entering accurate insurance information; answering incoming phone calls.
What you will do in this role:
* Answer incoming calls in a timely and professional manner
* Schedules all patients for ancillary, surgical and medical testing/procedures through the applicable scheduling module (i.e. Meditech)
* Select accurate insurance carrier plans and informs the patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network
* Inform the physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module
* Ensure that any edits are performed in the scheduling module
* Ensure physician orders are indexed appropriately
* Maintain knowledge of the scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
* Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
* Select the correct patient medical record number consistently
* Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
* Utilize appropriate method/tool to communicate with Patient Access and other facility departments as necessary
* Edit medical accounts to appropriate status per facility or SSC standards and guidelines – • Receive, maintain, and index physician orders per facility and SSC standards and guidelines
* Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week
* Other duties as assigned
Experience that you will need:
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Minimum one year of related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience required.
* Work from home employees are required to have wired high speed internet 60 MB Download 10 MB Upload
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Medical Procedure Scheduler Work From Home opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.This position is incentive eligible.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.